Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1:1 Learning


The idea of 1:1 learning and having to teach 1:1 learning scares me. I know it is the future and it is an inevitable change, but having to teach every lesson on a computer is going to be interesting. It would nice to work into it by using the Promethean Board first for every lesson then giving student the opportunity to use computers. I feel that using computers for every lesson is going to make us even more reliable on computers than we already are. What happens if something goes wrong with a computer? Will there be replacement computers on hand? I feel that there is a certain group that is could be used with but, I feel that younger students will have difficulty using the computers and the older the child gets the more tempting that being on the internet becomes when they are suppose to be working on an assignment. I know that I am tempted by the internet (especially facebook) when I am suppose to be working on an assignment. I feel that to be helpful to every student the internet needs to be turned off unless it is needed for an assignment and even if they are using the internet there should be blocks and restrictions so that they aren't on facebook or other websites during the school day. I feel that 1:1 will be useful though and that the students will have more opportunity than they might at home. I feel that I have a lot more to research about the 1:1 learning before I will be really comfortable in implementing it into my classroom. There is a website called one laptop per child and their vision is to give every laptop to the worlds poorest children so they can participate in the collaborative learning like the children in the United States. By doing this they become more engaged in their learning after reading this 1:1 learning will be very beneficial.


Picture taken from Flickr.com by One Laptop per Child

No comments:

Post a Comment